When you put your house on the market, you’re hoping that:
- You will get the highest price possible for your property.
- It will sell quickly.
- The process will go as smoothly as possible.
Studying the Comps
When you contact me and tell me you are ready to SELL your home, I will do some homework before we meet. I’ll find out what homes are active on the market in your neighborhood that are similar to yours in age, size, and features. These homes are considered to be YOUR COMPETITION. I’ll also study what similar homes in your area have sold for in your area so you know sizes, prices per square foot, days on the market, etc. This will help us make a decision for setting a LISTING PRICE when we put the home on the market. Most of the homes I sell are in the Little Rock, Maumelle, North Little Rock, Sherwood or Conway area, but I also work throughout Central Arkansas.
After studying the comps for your home, we will consider the condition of your home compared to your comps to help price your home.
You obviously want to sell your house for the highest possible price. You may even have a number in mind. But, how do you determine if that number is reasonable? If you list your house too high, fewer buyers will see it. If your price is too low, you could end up leaving thousands of dollars on the table. Curious as to what your house is likely to sell for in today’s market? I can help you price your home correctly for the neighborhood, location and condition.
Getting Your Home Ready to Put on the Market
Just as important as understanding the market, is figuring out what you need to do to get your home READY TO SELL. It may be as simple as cleaning off the front steps and putting some plants or flowers on the front porch, or you may actually update some features of your home. Repairing loose hardware, leaky faucets, and other maintenance items are just some of the things we will We’ll take the condition of your home into consideration when PRICING your home. If you need repairmen, painters, plumbers, electricians, etc. to help you at any point, I can refer you to trusted professionals in Central Arkansas.
Marketing Your Property
When you choose a REALTOR to sell your home, you are also choosing a Real Estate Firm. Coldwell Banker is the largest Real Estate Company in the world. In Central Arkansas, CBRPM is a great choice because of all the marketing and advertising your home will receive to help get the most attention for your home. One of my favorite things about listing your home is preparing the marketing materials to make your home stand out.
To achieve that success, I’ll implement the appropriate marketing plan. After all, there’s more to selling a house than hammering a For Sale sign on the front lawn. I’ll work closely with you to create a marketing plan which may include some or all of the following:
- Taking pictures and gathering the details on your property;
- Writing a compelling property profile and creating effective marketing materials;
- Uploading your listing to MLS – the Cooperative Arkansas Multiple Listing Service that real estate agents and buyers use to search for properties;
- Placing ads in print in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, direct-mailed postcards or on-line publications buyers use to shop for houses;
- Showcasing your listing on my website – www.KennyVanPatten.com;
- Coldwell Banker RPM leverages the internet with your listing on over 150 different websites.
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to promote your listing;
- Scheduling and promoting an Open House and Realtor Open Houses with realtors from all over Central Arkansas to attract a multitude of buyers.
Ensuring Viewings are Successful
Showings and open houses provide opportunities for buyers to view your property and get a sense of what it is like to live there. Ideally, you will want them to be impressed by what they see – and motivated to make an offer.
Here are a few things you can do to make viewings more successful:
- Make sure your house is neat and clean and smells good.
- Remove personal items such as family pictures. Buyers can imagine themselves living in the house easier.
- Leave your house during the showing. Buyers are more comfortable if they can view the property without you there.
- If possible, remove your pets. Pets are awesome, but can be a distraction during a showing.
- Ensure the walkway leading up to your house is clear. Check your curb appeal.
Negotiating the Deal and Getting Your Home Sold
While you get an offer, I’ll help answer your questions and work through all the details and paperwork. Once the buyer and seller come to an agreement in writing about the terms of the sale, I will help you work through the inspection, repairs, and closing details and help make the sale of your home go as smoothly as possible. For more information about how I can help you get your home SOLD, call me at 501-951-1755 or email me at email@example.com